Intro to Singing Technique Day
Come along to a friendly, introductory singing workshop day in Crouch End!
Combine accessible, practical singing technique with a holistic element, calm your nerves and overcome fears!
What is your "singing story"?
- You sing but want more control
- Told you "can't sing"
- Want to feel relaxed
- Want reliable, technique
- Anxious about being heard
- Want to join a choir - need a boost
- Fear embarrassment
- Scared of "doing it wrong"
- Like to improve public speaking
Whatever your journey, overcome your fear, free your voice and enjoy singing.
Over the course of the day you will learn a series of relaxation, breathing and vocal exercises to develop your range, control, stamina and confidence, with the focus on creativity, relaxation and fun, in a friendly, supportive group.
Particularly suitable for beginners, anxious singers and those new to singing technique.
Nobody will have to sing alone.
Shy people and anxious beginners all made very welcome
- Consider possible emotional connections/ feelings, memories and unhelpful beliefs that may affect your confidence.
- Discover the importance and influence of breathing, visualisation and relaxation through practical exercises.
- Explore core principles and techniques of natural voice production.
- Calm your nerves
- Group songs in a variety of styles to put the learning into context
- Relaxation techniques
- Breath work
- Guided imagery & visualisation
- Playing with the voice
- Vocal Tone
- Introduction to harmonising.
- Identify unhelpful vocal habits (Not at all Scary!)
- Course content is planned to suit enrolled members
Places must be booked and paid in advance - no drop-ins
- Day starts at 10.30am
- There will be 1 hour lunch break (local cafes nearby)
- Morning and afternoon breaks in which soft drinks and snacks will be provided
- Day ends at 4pm
- Vocal exercise audio recording
- Relaxation guided meditation download
- Song sheets
- Voice Club Pencil
Booking/full payment must be made in advance to guarantee a place.
Group numbers are kept strictly limited.
Enrolment is on a "First Come, First Served" basis
Voice Club is led by Heather Maîr Thomas ftcl, Ltcl, dipTcl (Trinity), a professionally trained classical/operatic soprano and crossover artist, blending a Cornish/folk and jazz background.
As a teacher, Heather combines 40 years of singing experience with training in hypnotherapy and life coaching qualifications.
Committed to help enable those with vocal anxiety, Heather has developed her popular, practical yet informal, accessible singing technique training programmes, with therapeutic benefits.
"...Your love of singing is infectious!" Voice Club member
"..a safe, friendly, relaxed atmosphere with lots of information in understandable form and always with an element of fun, have felt a real improvement in my vocal confidence." Voice Club member