Lift your spirits and free your voice!
Voice Club Singers
Tuesday Evening 8 - 9.30pm
Holy Innocents Church, London N8
Coaching Choir, London
This friendly, fun and creative, mixed-ability Voice Club meets in the beautiful acoustic space of Holy Innocents Church in Crouch End, London N8 on Tuesday evenings during term-time.
We are a technique-centred group, singing a wide variety of songs in harmony and unison, practicing vocal exercises to relax and develop our voices - with the focus on creativity, freedom and fun.
There are no auditions and all abilities are welcome.
We encourage members to familiarise themselves with songs between sessions (recordings available) to avoid time spent "note-bashing".....
Current ages range from 25 to 70 - but anyone 18+ is welcome.
The Festive Season
Starting on October 29th, this term includes traditional Christmas repertoire as well as songs for Chanukah and the festive season.
Sing at local community singing events, as well as at our host, Holy Innocents Church Carol service.
We end the year with a festive social evening with invited friends and family.
October 29th - December 17th
Time: 8pm - 9.30pm
We welcome new men and women of all levels in this friendly group - including members of other choirs looking to improve technique.
What we sing:
- Irish/folk close harmony part songs
- Musical Theatre
- World Music
- Sea Shanties
- Operatic arias
- Christmas songs and carols
- Solo singing (optional)
Vocal & Personal Benefits
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Practical vocal habits
- Control voice quality & phrasing
- Extend range
- Learn song preparation
- Sing a range of song genres
- Harmonise (improvised and learned parts)
- Meet, sing and laugh with lovely people!
- Feel good :)
Developing vocal confidence and freedom while singing an eclectic range.
Our repertoire ranges from folk/irish part songs to musical theatre, sea shanties and classical/opera. There are opportunities for solo singing (or not!)
Songs are taught in a variety of ways, and Heather creates recordings of parts so members can learn between sessions and reduce "note-bashing" time during the session.
- Booking/full payment must be made in advance to guarantee a place.
- Please note - "drop-in" attendance can be arranged but contact to discuss
- Group numbers are kept strictly limited.
- If the fees present a barrier. Contact to discuss
- Course content is planned to suit enrolled members.