Relax & Sing
Gentle Introduction to singing technique for adult beginners
step by step
NEW: 5 week course:
Starts Tuesday March 3rd 2020
CROUCH END, LONDON N8
Free Your Voice in 2020!
Many people feel uncomfortable with their voices.
Too many of us have limiting beliefs about our voices. We believe we "can't" sing or are "tone deaf".
Some of these beliefs stem from messages we received as children, from remarks, teasing or embarrassing situations we dare not risk repeating.
For a lot of men, anxious memories of their voice "breaking" in their teens leaves a lasting impact...
...and sometimes they never sing again.
Our freedom to enjoy our voices becomes shut down, and we live with our songs unsung.
You are not alone!
Everyone has a unique relationship with their own voice,
...but there are simple, practical techniques to help you relax, breathe, improve your singing - and enjoy the process!
- Do you have any anxiety about singing?
- Want more confidence?
- Want to learn the fundamentals of singing technique?
- Worry about "doing it wrong" and being embarrassed?
- Want to learn to relax and control your voice?
- Want to feel safe to express yourself in a small group?
Freeing your voice can have remarkable benefits - improving your physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
"Heather is the teacher you always wanted. Warm, friendly, inspiring, encouraging...."
Relax and Sing
Safe in an informal, small group (maximum 6), you can gently explore your relationship with your voice, discover barriers and learn practical, relaxed methods to move forward with your singing!
Shy people and anxious beginners are all made very welcome, with no fear of embarrassment or exposure.
You will learn
- Relaxation techniques
- How feelings, memories and unhelpful beliefs affect confidence.
- Natural breathing
- Guided imagery & visualisation
- How to "warm-up" your voice
- Core principles and techniques of natural voice production.
- The Anxiety affect
- Applying our skills to songs
Next Beginners course March 3rd 2020 for 5 Weeks
Dates & Times
Tuesday March 3rd 10am - 11.30am
Crouch End, London N8.
Free parking, Buses W3, W5, 91,41. Train: Harringay. Nearest Tube: Finsbury Park